Saturday, November 17, 2007

The First Post

Hi,
This is my first post now. I don't know how many people will read what I will be posting here from now onwards. However, it's going to start with my friends ;) ... most probably.

I aim to put in here mostly Computer Science and Mathematics stuff but it's not going to be too geeky from the start. The reason being that I am a student currently and I really don't have the time and energy to put in the "hardcore" geeky stuff, as I would be better using my time working on those things. So what do I put in here and why ?

Well, after some years of studying programming (and CS), being in a software job for a while, I realized that many people (whom I encountered) who program/code still have a lot of misconceptions, that I myself had some time back . So, there will be some programming and design stuff, things that I have learned (and tested) from the programming gurus.

I have a major interest in cryptography and computer security right from the college days. As a result I have spent time on the Internet and waded through books in an attempt to be a "hacker" (No, I'm not going to hack someone, it's just the desire to learn the craft and it takes some time to become a real hacker). Hence, I feel that I can share my experience with students and people who want to get into this area but have no idea of how to start learning these things.

Finally (Sorry, I took so much time of yours), I intend to put in here some Maths stuff. Please don't feel uneasy as there won't be abstruse equations all over the place. I have observed that people in India generally have a disregard for this beautiful subject (which is in fact at the base of all modern science and technology). So, in a humble effort, I intend to show some examples of how beautiful Mathematics is. I hope some people will catch up with some Maths as a result of this blog :)

Thanks a lot for reading up to this point :D ... Abhinav.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to blogging. We expect to see some thought provoking articles from you :)

All the best!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Prods!!