Sunday, March 16, 2008

Driver, where you taking us ?

Its a special day for me, my birthday :) ... nothing much happened today except I was able to pray in the famous Dakshineshwar temple here in Kolkata, after a long, slow walk from outside the temple premises to inside. It was a surprise for me as I had expected it to be an easy-going affair, I would be done in about half an hour, I had thought ... it took more than 2 hours, which I am thankful for, as it could have been more.

So, here I am, 26 years of my life complete today and I am in a strange state. I feel happy, I feel sad, I feel confused, hopeful and sometimes I feel blank. It seems that this has been triggered because of my thoughtful, introspective mood that I entered yesterday night. There are so many things I have thought about since. Family, friends, studies, career ... And each of these topics makes me feel a lot of things as I have said earlier ... happy, sad, confused, hopeful, blank.

I am not however, going to discuss (most of) my thoughts here. I rather thought of writing out some of the thoughts that I have for my blog though :)

Well, this is a summary of what I think I would do with my blog this year :
1) I feel like I need to write more articles that are geek-ish ;) ... what I mean to say is that, I want to write more articles that are not of a philosophical/intellectual mode ... I would like to put more concrete articles this year.
2) I would like to put a lot of small math posts that would be relatively easier for people to grasp and fun too.
3) As for programming, I would like to pick specific language features from those I know and discuss what I know and maybe that could help some new people ... maybe also invite the wrath of experts :D ... but I am ready for that, that's the way to grow !
4) Put more material on data structures as used in Linux, material on Linux scheduler and Linux memory management.
5) Some algorithms that are beautiful and less-known.
6) Cryptography - Posts introducing readers to basics of cryptography, encryption schemes, some practical and wonderful aspects of cryptography.

Hope, I can do justice to this list this year. Happy blogging to all of you and happy birthday to me ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't reach your cell on 16th, or rather my cell couldn't reach yours...so wishing you a happy belaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated b'day on your blog :). We expect some quick and crispy articles from you this year :-)